**This course meets the four hour requirement to become a Public Health Dental Hygienist in the State of Massachusetts.**
COURSE TITLE: Massachusetts Public Health Hygiene Seminar
COURSE DATE: Sunday Oct 17, 2021 8am-12pm
COST: $100 ADHA members | $185 non-members
CEU: 4.0 Credit Hours
REGISTRATION OPENS: 09/07/2021: Click Here to Register with CEZOOM!
Melissa Leite CDA, RDH, BS
Melissa Leite graduated from the Dental Hygiene Program at Bristol Community College with an Associate in Science degree in Dental Hygiene and holds a Bachelor of Science degree from Vermont Technical College. She serves as a member on the Massachusetts Dental Hygienists’ Association public health council and is a Mentor Liaison for Bristol Community College.
In 2013, Melissa started as an adjunct clinical faculty at Cape Cod Community College where she teaches Clinical Dental Hygiene I and II, and Dental Materials laboratory. She also has over 12 years of clinical experience. In addition, she has 10 years of public health experience, including co-owning her own public health dental hygiene business. She is dedicated, passionate and excited to present the Massachusetts Public Health Dental Hygiene course to you!
- Identify signs and symptoms of medical emergencies that can occur in a public health setting.
- Discuss how to manage medical emergencies.
- Discuss the rules and regulations of the Massachusetts Public Health Dental Hygienist.
- Understand risk management including liability insurance, data security, written informed consent, record keeping and HIPAA.
- Discuss CDC and OSHA guidelines including PPE, exposure prevention, post-exposure management, and sterilization.
- Discuss the interim infection prevention and control guidance during the COVID-19 pandemic.