Local Anesthesia for Dental Hygienists Permit L Certification
Hosted by Quinsigamond Community College Training & Education Center Dental Hygiene Department
6,7,8,14,15, 2014 SOLD OUT! July 11,12,13,19,20
Time: 8:00 a.m.- 5:00 p.m.
Preferred Registration Deadline: Tuesday,June 1, 2014
For registration info and to see full brochure Click DentalHygiene_brochure2014.pdf
Local Anesthesia Certification Course- Middlesex Community College
This course is recommended for the RDH who would like to become certified in local anesthesia. This course complies with the Mass. Board of Registration in Dentistry regulations for the administration of local anesthesia. At completion, RDH will be able to administer safe, effective, and painless local anesthesia with confidence and competence in preparation for the NERB exam. The course consists of a 50 hour on-line study prior to the 3 day clinical with 30 injection experiences. Course Director: Debra November-Rider, RDH,MSDH
For complete info and dates:https://www.middlesex.mass.edu/careertraining/dhla.aspx or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Massachusetts Public Health Dental Hygiene Practice Continuing Education
The Participant will be:
1. Knowledgeable of the Public Health Dental Hygienist Practice rules and regulations.
2. Able to discuss components of risk management, which include HIPAA, informed consent, documentation, liability insurance, and public health reportable diseases.
3. Able to discuss various signs, symptoms, and treatment for various medical emergencies.
4. Able to discuss prevention methods and response to a medical emergency.
5. Able to discuss current infection control guidelines for portable equipment in a public health setting.
6. In addition, dental hygienists will need to complete a 6-hour observation component in order to meet the total 10-hour training requirement for practicing public health dental hygiene. More information will be provided during the course.
Participant of this course will complete the 4-hour educational requirement to practice as a Massachusetts Public Dental Hygienist in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts. The course will cover the three required components set forth by the Board of Registration in Dentistry: infection control, risk management, and medical emergency review
Instructor: Barbara Sheerin, RDH